Spicy Short Rib and Canadian Bacon Ramen
January 19, 2023 • 0 comments
- (3-5 lbs.) Boneless Short Ribs
- (8 Cups) Beef Bone Broth
- (1 Can) Full-Fat Coconut Milk
- (1/3 Cup) Coconut Aminos
- (2-4 Tbsp.) Chili Paste
- (1/4 Cup) All Natural Peanut Butter
- (6 Sliced) Shallots
- (6 Cloves, Chopped) Garlic
- (1 Tbsp. Chopped) Fresh Ginger
- (2) Bay Leaves
- (1) Cinnamon Stick
- (2 Cups) Frozen Kale
- (1 Bag) Egg Noodles
- (For Serving) Green Onion
- (For Serving) Chili Oil and Sesame Seeds
- (For Serving) Pork Canadian Bacon Ends (Smoked)
1.In a large soup pot set over medium heat, season the short ribs with pepper. Pour over the broth, coconut milk, and coconut aminos. Add the chili paste, peanut butter, shallots, garlic, ginger, bay leaves, and cinnamon stick. Cover and cook over low heat for 3-5 hours or up to all day, adding water if needed to keep the short ribs covered.
2. Preheat the broiler to high. Remove the short ribs from the pot and place onto a baking sheet. Break into a few chunks and discard any bones. Broil until caramelized on top, about 3-5 minutes, but watch closely.
3. To the soup, add the kale and noodles and let cook, uncovered, for about 5 minutes. Stir in the short ribs.
4. Ladle the broth, short ribs, and noodles into bowls. Top as desired with green onions, chili oil, Canadian Bacon and sesame seeds. Serve immediately.