- (2-3# roast) Pork Boneless Fresh Ham Roast
- (1 large, chopped) Yellow Onion
- (2 peppers, chopped) Bell Pepper
- (4 cloves, chopped) Garlic
- (2 cups) Chanterelle Mushrooms
- (2 large, chopped) Carrot
- (1 cup, sliced) Black Olives
- (4 cups, quartered) Cherry Tomatoes
- (10 sprigs) Fresh Thyme
- (2 Tbsp., chopped) Basil
- (2 Tbsp., chopped) Parsley
- (1 tsp.) Paprika
- (2 tsp.) Oregano
- (2 tsp.) Salt
- (2 tsp.) Pepper
- (1 cup) Red Wine
- (1 small can) Tomato Paste
- (1 cup) Large Pastured Chicken Broth
- (3 Tbsp.) Olive Oil
In a dutch oven over medium-high heat, add the olive oil.
Sprinkle the paprika over the ham and sear on each side for two minutes to get a nice and brown crust. Set the roast aside.
Turn the heat down to medium.
Add the onion and cook for a few minutes. Then add the garlic, bell peppers, carrots, mushrooms and wine.
Cook for 5 minutes then add the broth, tomatoes, tomato paste, olives, oregano, salt, pepper, thyme, basil and parsley.
Mix together and place the roast down in the sauce.
Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
Place the dutch oven (covered) covered in the oven and cook for 4-5 hours until the pork shreds easily.
If the sauce needs to reduce, remove the lid and cook until the sauce reaches a paste-like consistency.
Serve with your favorite roasted veggie and enjoy!