Goat Cheese and Pickled Beet Salad
March 25, 2023 • 0 comments
This light and scrumptious salad uses ingredients that are readily available and while the honey is the only part of this recipe that makes it officially a "Nourished by Nature" recipe, we also used our own canned & pickled beets that we do hope to be able to sell someday because of how amazing they are. If you'd like our pickled beet recipe, comment below and we'll be happy to share!
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Servings: 8
- (To Taste) Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- (1) Shallot, minced
- (3 Cups) Pickled Beets
- (To Taste) Sea Salt
- (4 Tbsp.) Red Wine Vinegar
- (2 Tsp.) Dijon Mustard
- (2 Tsp.) 1# Honey- Squeeze Bottle
- (12 Tbsp.) Olive Oil
- (1/2 Cup) Crumbled Chevre Cheese
- (1/2 Cup) Minced Parsley
- (4 Cups) Baby Spinach
- (4) Large Green Apples, cored and sliced 1/8-inch thick
- (4) Satsuma Mandarins, peels sliced off and sliced into rounds (optional)
- (1 Cup) Candied Pecans
- Start by mincing the shallot. To make vinaigrette, toss minced shallot with 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar, Dijon, and two generous pinches of sea salt. Whisk in honey and 12 tablespoons olive oil. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, toss chèvre crumbles with 4 tablespoons minced parsley. Add greens.
- Drizzle with prepared vinaigrette and add sea salt to taste. Layer in apples and goat cheese.
- Just before serving, drain liquid from beets. Layer beets on top of the salad, drizzle with a bit more vinaigrette, add a few twists of pepper, and garnish with orange slices, candied pecans, and remaining four tablespoons parsley. Serve right away.