Gabe's Never-Fail Beef Shanks
July 20, 2021 • 0 comments
When it comes to soups and stews, Gabe is the master chef! As the king of 'low and slow', he feeds us all his hearty and flavorful meals throughout the fall, winter, and spring months. His favorite saying as he savors a spoonful of stew-y goodness is "You can just feel the health!". Here is a guide to recreating one of Gabe's masterpieces!
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Servings: 4-6
- (2 packages) Beef Shanks
- (4 oz.) Organic Mushrooms
- (1) Sliced Onion
- (4 oz of each) Organic Green Beans, Peas, Carrots, Corn or whatever veggies you have!
- (1/2 cup) Red Wine
- (4 tbsp.) Worcestershire Sauce
- (4 pinches) Salt
- (4 pinches) Black Pepper
- (3 tbsp.) Olive Oil
- (1.5 Quarts) Pastured Chicken Broth
1. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil.
2. Add shanks and brown each side (approx. 3 minutes/side).
3. Place the browned shanks, mushrooms, veggies, and sliced onion into a roasting pan.
4. Deglaze the skillet with the red wine.
5. Add the beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and black pepper to the skillet. Mix well.
6. Pour this mix over the shanks in the roasting pan.
7. Seal the pan with lid or aluminum foil.
8. Place the pan in a 200 degree oven for at least 8 hours.