Stacy's Famous Chicken Piccata
April 29, 2022 • 0 comments
- (1 Package) Chicken Breasts
- (1 Cup) Flour, for dredging*
- (8 Tbsp.) Butter
- (4 Tbsp.) Olive Oil, divided
- (2) Shallots, minced
- (1 Tbsp.) Garlic, minced
- (1 1/2 Cups) Large Pastured Chicken Broth
- (1 Tbsp.) Lemon Juice
- (2 Tsp.) Lemon Zest
- (2 Tbsp.) Capers, drained
- (Optional) Parsley, chopped, for garnish
- (To Taste) Salt and Pepper
- (1 1/2 Cup) Crimini Mushrooms, sliced
- (1) Spaghetti Squash, roasted
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. You will use the oven to keep your chicken warm while you finish the recipe.
2.Tenderize the chicken breasts before seasoning with salt and pepper on both sides. Place the flour on a plate. Dredge the chicken in the flour and shake off any excess. Discard the flour when finished dredging.
*We like to use Guardian Grains' regeneratively grown and milled wheat.
3. Heat 3 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet set over medium-high until the butter has melted.
4. Working in batches, taking care not to crowd the pan, add the chicken and sauté until golden brown, about 2 ½ -3 minutes per side, until cooked through. Set the chicken in the oven when they finish cooking.
5. Add the shallots and mushrooms to the pan drippings and sauté until soft and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute longer.
6. Add the broth and simmer until reduced by half, about 4-5 minutes.
7.While broth is simmering, use a fork to shred your spaghetti squash and prepare on a plate.
8. Reduce heat to low, then stir in the remaining 5 tablespoons butter, capers, lemon juice, and zest to taste. Here if you want more of a full-bodied flavor, you can use half Chardonnay and half lemon juice. Garnish with parsley if using.
9. Serve the chicken with the piccata sauce poured over the top of the pan-fried chicken, alongside your spaghetti squash and favorite roasted vegetable!