- (4 oz.) Fresh Asparagus, cut into 1 in. pieces
- (1/2 (8-oz.) package) Cremini Mushrooms, sliced
- (1/2 Small) Shallot, sliced
- (1/2 Tsp.) Salt, divided
- (1/2 Tsp.) Black Pepper, divided
- (2 Tbsp.) Beef Tallow
- (8 Large) Free-Range Eggs
- (2 oz.) Crumbled Feta and/or Chevre Cheese
- (4 slices, cut into 1 in. pieces and divided) Beef Bacon
- Preheat oven to 350° and heat a cast iron skillet to cook your beef bacon.
- Prepare muffin tins with muffin cups and set aside.
- Cut Beef Bacon and asparagus into 1-inch pieces, discarding tough ends. Cook Beef Bacon until browned and crispy. Set aside but use the bacon grease for sautéing veggies.
- Sauté mushrooms and onion in 2 tsp. bacon grease in nonstick pan over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes or until onion is tender; remove from skillet. Add remaining bacon grease to skillet, and sauté asparagus 2 to 3 minutes or until tender; stir in 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper.
- Whisk together eggs and remaining 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to muffin tins, distributed evenly. Top with vegetables, feta cheese, and beef bacon bits (save some for topping at the end).
- Bake mini frittatas at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Sprinkle remaining beef bacon bits on top and serve immediately.