Sausage & Broccoli Chowder
April 4, 2023 • 0 comments
Soups are a staple at our place, especially during the short winter days. This is an easy-to-make cream style soup that is great for a family dinner.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Servings: 8
- (1 lb.) Pork Italian Sausage (Bulk)
- (2 packages/48 oz.) Pastured Chicken Broth
- (1 large, chopped) Yellow Onion
- (3 large, chopped) Carrots
- (3 cups) Broccoli Florets
- (3 cloves, minced) Garlic Cloves
- (8 oz., chopped) Cremini Mushrooms
- (1 can) Cream of Mushroom Soup
- (2 Tbsp.) Butter
- (1 pint) Heavy Cream
- (1 tsp.) Thyme
- (1 Tbsp.) Basil Paste
- (1 Tbsp.) Dijon Mustard
- (1 cup) Romano Cheese
- (1/2 tsp.) Sea Salt
- (1/2 tsp.) Black Pepper
- (1/2 lb.) Egg Noodles
- (1/4 cup) Parsley
In a large dutch oven:
On medium heat, add the butter.
Once melted, brown the Italian sausage and while browning, add the onion.
Add the garlic, carrots, broccoli and mushrooms. Cook for 10 minutes.
Add the broth, cream, thyme, basil, mustard, salt and pepper and bring to a simmer.
Add the egg noodles and mix.
Then top with the Romano cheese.
Let cook for 10 minutes then top with parsley and serve.