Maple Mustard Chicken Legs
April 18, 2023 • 0 comments
Slightly sweet and savory, this combination of flavors provides a delicious, healthy meal made with our succulent chicken drums. Mix and match your veggies for whatever your palate desires.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Servings: 6
- (3 Cups) Baby Potatoes, halved
- (2 Cups) Carrots, sliced
- (2 Tbsp.) Olive Oil, divided
- (To taste) Salt and Pepper
- (2 Packs (8 Drums total)) Chicken Drumsticks
- (2 Tbsp.) Dijon Mustard
- (2 Tbsp.) Stone Ground Mustard
- (1 Tbsp.) Maple Syrup - Pint
- (1 Tsp.) Fresh Thyme Leaves
- (1 Pinch) Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- (1 Tbsp.) Apple Cider Vinegar
- (To Garnish) Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450°. Toss potatoes and carrots in bottom of large baking dish with 1 tablespoon oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels, drizzle with remaining tablespoon oil, and season with salt and pepper. Arrange, skin-side up, on top of vegetables in baking dish.
- In a small bowl, stir together mustards, maple syrup, thyme, ACV, and red pepper flakes. Brush on top of chicken and drizzle any extra over vegetables.
- Roast chicken until golden and a thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh registers 160°, about 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and brush drums with chicken drippings. Turn oven to broil and broil thighs until deeply golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, then sprinkle with parsley before serving.