Kimchi Egg Bake
February 8, 2023 • 0 comments
Egg bakes are convenient, great for meal prep, tasty as well as deeply nourishing. Level up your egg bake and gut health by incorporating more probiotic rich foods, like kimchi. This delicious recipe features Farmented; a sustainable, local business that transforms “ugly” produce into gut-healing goodness. Farmented’s Radish Kimchi, as well as their other offerings, can be found online or at their booth during the Red River Market season.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Servings: 6-8
- (2 Tbsp., divided) Beef Tallow
- (1/2, chopped) Yellow or Orange Bell Pepper
- (2 Cups, chopped) Large Sweet Potato
- (1 lb) Pork Italian Sausage (Bulk)
- (1/4 Cup) Milk
- (1/2 tsp.) Salt
- (1/2 tsp.) Pepper
- (1 Cup, drained; plus more for serving) Kimchi
- (3 stalks or 1 1/4 Cups, chopped) Green Onions
- (1 sprig, chopped) Fresh Rosemary
- (1 sprig, chopped) Fresh Thyme
- (18) Free-Range Eggs
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Grease a rimmed baking sheet or cast iron pan with oil and line with parchment, leaving an overhang on all sides. Coat the parchment well with 1 Tbsp of Tallow or olive oil.
- Add the remaining 1 Tbsp of oil over chopped sweet potatoes. Mix in the crumbled sausage and spread over an even layer.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the sweet potato is tender and the sausage is cooked through.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl with milk, salt and pepper. Mix in the rosemary and thyme and pour over the sausage mixture. Top with kimchi and green onions.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes, or until the eggs are set. Cut into squares or pie slices and serve with a green salad.