- (2 Tbsp.) Beef Tallow
- (1) Large Onion, chopped
- (2 1/2 pounds) Ground Beef - 85% Lean
- (2/3 Cup) Lighthouse BBQ Sauce
- (1/2 Cup) Homemade Ketchup or Organic Pasta Sauce
- (1/4 Cup) Coconut Aminos
- (3 Tbsp.) Worcestershire sauce (gluten-free)
- (3 Tbsp.) Organic Tomato Paste
- (1/2 tsp.) Black Pepper
- (8) Gluten-Free Buns, Quick Rolls or Sourdough Buns
- In a large dutch oven over medium heat, add the olive oil or tallow and chopped onion. Saute until softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the meat and cook, stirring and breaking it up until it is finely ground. Cook until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the bbq sauce, ketchup/pasta sauce, coconut aminos, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste and 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper. Simmer for about 10-15 minutes, until thickened.
- Serve over toasted buns. Enjoy!
Note: Paul and Jaz’s favorite bbq sauce is Lighthouse BBQ Sauce, a Minot based company that makes the best, clean, sauces inspired by his Grandma’s Mississippi home style cooking. (Link is above!)