- (1 package (1/4 ounce)) Active Dry Yeast
- (1 cup) Warm Half and Half (110° to 115°)
- (1/4 Cup) Warm Water (110° to 115°)
- (3 Tbsp.) Butter, softened
- (2 Tsp) Salt
- (1 Cup) Mashed and Cooked Butternut Squash
- (5 to 5-1/2 cups) All-Purpose Flour, divided
- (1/2 Cup) 1# Honey
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in half and half and water. Add the butter, salt, honey, squash and 3 cups flour; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Form into rolls; place in 2 greased 10-in. cast-iron skillets or 9-in. round baking pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.