- (3 medium/large beets) Beets
- (8 ears) Sweet Corn
- (1 bunch, chopped) Cilantro
- (1 cup) Cotija Cheese
- (3 cloves, minced) Garlic
- (1/4 cup) Mayonnaise
- (1 Tbsp.) Smoked Paprika
- (2 tsp.) Chili Powder
- (3 Tbsp.) Olive Oil
- (To Taste) Salt & Pepper
We cooked both the beets and corn on our grill at the same time.
- Shuck your corn and peel your beets.
- Dice the beets into small bite-sized cubes and put into a foil tray with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Be sure the beets are coated well.
- Heat your grill to 350 degrees. Cook your corn so that it has a nice char on it and your beets until they are for tender.
- Once your corn has cooled, take the kernels off the cob and add to the foil tray of beets.
- Chop your cilantro and garlic, then grate the cotija cheese and add to the mix. If you cannot find cotija, feta cheese will work.
- Add the lime juice and mayonnaise to the mix, then fold in and mix well.
- Finally, sprinkle on the smoked paprika and chili powder. Add more salt if needed.