Beet & Corn Eloté
September 8, 2022 • 0 comments
This is vibrant and colorful side dish that can brighten up any summertime meal. Simple to make and even easier to eat, your guests will be asking you for the recipe once they give it a try!
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Servings: 8
- (3 medium/large beets) Beets
- (8 ears) Sweet Corn
- (1 bunch, chopped) Cilantro
- (1 cup) Cotija Cheese
- (3 cloves, minced) Garlic
- (1/4 cup) Mayonnaise
- (1 Tbsp.) Smoked Paprika
- (2 tsp.) Chili Powder
- (3 Tbsp.) Olive Oil
- (To Taste) Salt & Pepper
We cooked both the beets and corn on our grill at the same time.
- Shuck your corn and peel your beets.
- Dice the beets into small bite-sized cubes and put into a foil tray with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Be sure the beets are coated well.
- Heat your grill to 350 degrees. Cook your corn so that it has a nice char on it and your beets until they are fork tender.
- Once your corn has cooled, take the kernels off the cob and add to the foil tray of beets.
- Chop your cilantro and garlic, then grate the cotija cheese and add to the mix. If you cannot find cotija, feta cheese will work.
- Add the lime juice and mayonnaise to the mix, then fold in and mix well.
- Finally, sprinkle on the smoked paprika and chili powder. Add more salt if needed.