Air Fryer Drumsticks
April 18, 2023 • 0 comments
This was actually our first time using an air fryer and man- was it good! The combination of Asian flavors with our tasty drums was a dish your whole family can enjoy. Serve the drums on a bed of Asian quinoa salad for a well-rounded meal.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Servings: 4
- (2 Packs (8 Drums)) Chicken Drumsticks
- (8 Tbsp.) Coconut Aminos
- (3 Cloves, Minced) Garlic
- (2 Tsp.) Fresh Ginger, Grated
- (1/2 tsp.) Cinnamon
- (1 Tbsp.) 1# Honey
- (1/4 Cup) Blackstrap Molasses
- (For Garnish) Sliced Scallions, Toasted Sesame Seeds, Fresh Cilantro Leaves
- In a large bowl combine coconut aminos, garlic, ginger, cinnamon, and honey. Add the drumsticks and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and transfer to the fridge.
- Let chicken marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour, turning the chicken halfway through.
- Preheat air fryer to 380º. Working in batches if necessary, add drumsticks to the air fryer, making sure to avoid overcrowding in the basket and to reserve the remaining marinade. Air fry for 10 minutes.
- While the chicken cooks, transfer the marinade to a small saucepan and add Molasses and place over medium heat. Reduce until sauce is thickened and coats the back of a spoon, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer sauce to a large heat proof bowl.
- Brush drumsticks all over with reduced sauce, flip them and continue to air fry until an instant thermometer registers 165º, an additional 7 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer cooked drumsticks to the sauce and toss to coat. Top with scallions, cilantro, and sesame seeds and serve.